What foods are good for shrinking the prostate gland?

Asked 2 years ago

Hi, after a series of tests, a blood test, and a cystoscopy, I have been diagnosed with BPH. While they did give me medication, they said that I might have to go in for surgery, which is the last thing I want to do. Right now, I am exploring all other options available to me. Hence my question above, does anyone know what food I can eat that will help to decrease the size of this gland? Thanks.

Ali Branch

Monday, March 07, 2022

Consuming a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and healthy fats is thought to help protect the prostate. Foods to add to your diet include avocados, watermelons, papaya, broccoli, tomatoes, berries, salmon and citrus fruits. Eating a wide range of nuts including pecans, pumpkin seeds and peanuts would provide your body with zinc which is good for prostate health. Drinking plenty of green tea can also help.

Sam Baxter

Thursday, June 16, 2022

What foods are good for shrinking the prostate are foods like green leafy veggies such as lettuce, avocado, broccoli and other such greens as they are high in antioxidants and help with blood flow. Foods to avoid are Red meat, coffees or caffeine's, Dairy, alcohol or large amounts of salty or sodium rich foods.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?