Is biotin or collagen better for hair loss?

Asked 2 years ago

Ever since my last pregnancy, my hair has been lackluster and thinning. It's affecting my self-esteem really badly and I want my thick, healthy hair back. I don't know if the nutrition my hair needs protein or vitamins, and whether biotin or collagen could benefit it, but I heard that it's supposed to be good.

Ezequiel Kirk

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Between biotin and collagen, biotin is much better for thinning hair. It works to improve the thickness and strength of hair and is absorbed much better than collagen in most cases. Biotin is also found in many foods and can be applied and absorbed topically. Collagen, on the other hand, improves your hair's texture and elasticity. To get maximum benefit from both, you can choose to take biotin and collagen together.

Caroline Ikiugu

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Both collagen and biotin are crucial for healthy hair. Biotin facilitates the breakdown of macronutrients required for cell growth and renewal so it would be great for thinning hair or alopecia. Collagen, on the other hand, is known for it's ant-aging properties and it boosts ketatin production by providing amino acids and proteins. It is ideal for improving hair elasticity and texture. To get the benefits of both, you can take a supplement like Hairprin which combines both nutrients.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?