Does collagen powder reduce cellulite?

Asked 2 years ago

I have a lot of cellulite on my bum and thighs which makes me extremely self-conscious. If I use collagen powder, will it reduce my cellulite?

Rodrigo Pham

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Some studies have shown that collagen peptides may be beneficial in reducing the appearance of cellulite. This is because one of the roles collagen plays in the body is improving the appearance of skin by strengthening the dermal layer. Collagen can also help you build muscle, which looks smoother than fat (which cellulite is made of). However, keep in mind that an improvement in appearance won't happen overnight and while collagen won't eliminate cellulite, it may improve its appearance.

Caroline Ikiugu

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Cellulite commonly appears on the thighs, bum and legs thanks to weight loss or weight gain. This happens because cellulite damages the collagen bands or connective tissue in the skin. Taking a high-absorbing collagen powder may improve the appearance of cellulite but it won't eliminate it completely. Collagen reduces cellulite by repairing the damaged dermal layer and improving skin elasticity while also helping the skin retain enough moisture to avoid drying out.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?