Can eucalyptus cure toenail fungus?

Asked 2 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for a natural treatment for toenail fungus. I don't know how, but I have somehow managed to pick up a fungus on my toenail, and it's 'eating' away at my nail. I don't like to use allopathic medicine and have a box of essential oils, and I'm pretty sure one of them would work for a fungal infection. Should I use eucalyptus?

Tripp Riddle

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Eucalyptus oil is one of the essential oils with antifungal properties. To use it, start by cleaning your toes, toenails and feet with soap and water. Dry them thoroughly and apply one or two drops of the oil on the affected toenails and allow it to soak in for 10-15 minutes. You could also use tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar (make a foot bath by diluting it in water) to help get rid of the fungus.

Caroline Ikiugu

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Some studies have shown that eucalyptus oil has antifungal properties and is effective in treating superficial toenail fungus. You can choose to either apply the oil topically on the nail or combine it with vinegar in a foot bath to soak your feet in. Toenail fungus can be stubborn so you'll have to be consistent in treatment. You'll know if the toenail fungus is dying if the discolored part gets smaller and you have new healthy toenail regrowth.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?