Can collagen powder help ease my rheumatoid arthritis?

Asked 2 years ago

I have been struggling with rheumatoid arthritis in my foot for six months. I know that collagen powder helps with joint pain and this is an avenue I've been considering going down to help with my own pain. However, I want to know whether it can do more for my arthritis, like cure it, for instance.

Eliezer Hurley

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Collagen is a protein found abundantly in our bodies -in the skin, hair, nails as well as in the bones, ligaments and tendons. Collagen helps in the formation of connective tissue that binds joints together making movement possible. As we grow older, we lose collagen, leading to joint pain and arthritis. Taking collagen in form of hydrolyzed collagen as well as eating high-quality proteins may provide your body with enough of the nutrient to alleviate joint pain.

Caroline Ikiugu

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Most joint pain in rheumatoid arthritis is due to joint inflammation that damages the cartilage tissue between bones. The inflammation is caused by various factors among them the reduction in collagen production as we age. Taking collagen supplements can help reduce the joint pain you're experiencing and may also reverse the symptoms of arthritis in your feet. When choosing a collagen supplement to take, choose one with hydrolyzed collagen which is highly absorbed by the body.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?