Why can't I think of the words when speaking?

Asked 2 years ago

Is there something bad happening to my brain that I can't seem to think and formulate the words that I need to have an intellectual conversation? I can still write and type, but it takes a lot of effort.

Gail Hodges

Friday, February 25, 2022

You may have a condition known as Aphasia, which is a subset of disorders around dementia. Aphasia is caused by the brain shrinking in response to cell death, and usually this affects the part of the brain that controls speech and language. Trouble speaking, writing, typing or understanding words spoken are all symptoms of Aphasia.

Rogelio Small

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

If you can't think of words when speaking its a sign of Aphasia, or many other afflictions that are essentially saying your brain is starting to shut down. These symptoms usually affect old people, mostly those in their late sixties to seventies.

Wesley Ford

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Being tired, nervous or fatigued can make it hard for you to think of the right words when speaking. This is normal. However, if this happens on a regular basis, you may have aphasia. This is a communication disorder that makes word retrieval difficult and may affect your ability to talk, write or understand language. Aphasia often results from severe brain injury and is more common in older adults. If this persists, consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?